Thursday, November 18, 2010

Give Thanks!

As we are quickly approaching Thanksgiving, (I am not sure how it crept up on me with out me noticing.) I think about all the things that I have to be thankful for.

  • First and foremost the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful to know that my family is forever and that no matter what, the Lord loves me and watches over me everyday. I am grateful for my Temple Covenants. And even though I don't get to the Temple as much as I would like, the feeling of peace and comfort is unforgettable. I love my Savior.

  • I am grateful for my family. My parents are wonderful and could not ask for anyone better. My brothers. Adam is a wonderful father and husband and doesn't take that role lightly. I am so proud of Jake for living on his own and taking in his life. My awesome Sister-in-law, who is a great mother, and a great friend. And my sweet sweet nephews and nieces. I can not imagine life without them. They make life. I am also thankful for my aunts, uncles and cousins, for the part they play in my life.

  • I am grateful for my friends. You all know how special you are in my life. We have shared our deepest secrets, cried over boys, bitched about mom fits. In the end some of us are still a part of each others lives, and for some, our seasons have past.

  • I am thankful for my job. I love what I am doing and I am so grateful I was given a tip and prompted to call my director. I love the teachers I work with. They are the ones who will truly shape our future. I am grateful for these children who have been given this challenge, for working hard to have the most normal life as possible. I am grateful for the direction it it is taken me.

  • I am thankful for the service men and women who have put their lives on the line so I can choose how I want to live my life, so I can worship to my Heavenly Father as I choose. That I have right to vote for the leaders of my country.

  • I am grateful for my sweet little dogs that curl up with me every night, who wait patiently until I get home, who love me no matter what kind of day I have had or mood I am in. And that no matter what, they forgive me. I am grateful for their unconditional love. I am grateful for each of their own special personalities and I am grateful that they have been entrusted in my care.
We get so caught up in the latest gadgets, fashion and which celebrity is having a baby or going to rehab or current controversy that I think as a society we forget, actually take a lot of these things for granted. So even if it is for just this moment, Give Thanks!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment