Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Was Strong Enough

The other day, I was in the pool bathroom and as I stood at the sink washing my hands, I happened to look in the mirror next to me and looked in to the face of my ex-best friend's sister.  We said hello and exchange pleasantries and then she asked me what I was doing for work.  We didn't talk but a few moments and then went our separate ways. I have to say, I did not even ask about her sister, even though in my head I was wondering about her.

The truth of the matter is, I do miss her and I wonder about her all the time.  I wonder if she feels the same way. But from reading her blogs, she may have moved on.

Which is the way it is supposed to be. Since I was the one who put the final end to our friendship.

You see, we had a very complicated relationship.  We really did fit together.  We completed each other.  We accomplished a lot together.  We had fun. We laughed and people looked up to us.  We had dreams.

But then there was drama and the final straw was after our trip to Vegas when she invited her real "best friend".

I'll just call the "real Best friend"  KDB.  For those of you who know what it means, no snickering, ok go ahead and laugh. It really is funny!!!   :-)

 KDB was the down fall for the whole trip, she complained and made my friend drive back to St. George instead of staying in Vegas as originally planned.

So the rest of us, who did stay in Vegas as planned, stayed and played a little longer.  Needless to say, she had a miserable weekend and then wouldn't talk to me anymore.

I never knew why. I tried to find out why but she wouldn't answer me.  So I thought I would give her time.  But then she de-friended me and our other friends on facebook and I knew.

So I wrote her an email and told her to never contact me again, that I had had enough of her drams filled friendship.

She is still friends with KDB and  in fact they stayed in Vegas together.  I am still trying to figure that one out. I don't know what KDB has over her, but even though I supported her 100%, KDB always won.

But it still doesn't matter, I miss her.  And if she contacted me, I would at least take a moment and answer her back.

If she is reading this... well I hope she is anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment