Tuesday, October 25, 2011

18 Years Ago...

My grandfather, or "Paw paw " as we all called him, was the sweetest, kindest man ever.  He was a friend to all and everyone liked him.

There were many times my Gram would send me outside to get him and I could never find him because he was in the bushes talking to the neighbor.

He went to all my high school basketball games. Talked to me about going to college.

We would to go to Branson MO. before it was a popular place, to go camping.

During my senior year in high school, I stayed with my grandparents during the week.  When my PawPaw didn't have to work, he would pick me up from school and we would go meet Gram and go to dinner and a movie.

He would sit on our couch and hold my mom's big black 70lb standard poodle in his lap.

One day after he had been going through radiation, he had not had an appetite, I came home with a pumpkin blizzard, I said "Here Pawpaw, try this.  He took a bite and ate the whole thing.
It wasn't too much longer after that day, my hero was gone.

I have so many cherished memories of my time with him.  I was lucky, I had him the longest.


Sometimes it feels as if it were yesterday, other times it feel like forever.

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always
For all eternity,
My Pawpaw you will be.

I love you Pawpaw


Rudolph "Rudy" Mueller Jr.
March 28, 1931 - October 24, 1993





No comments:

Post a Comment