Saturday, November 19, 2011

Here we are again...

I can't believe we have arrived at the holidays again. It is a little scary how fast the year goes.

It just seems like yesterday, I was 20 years old and driving cross country to move to Minot North Dakota. I lived there for six years before moving on to Utah, which is where I have been for the last 10 1/2 years. I honestly never thought I would live in Utah of all places. But I love it. What I don't like about it is the single life.

I often think what my future holds for me here. The future I have dreamed about for as long as I can remember is getting harder and harder to see. Outside of Utah it isn't unusual for someone my age to still not be married, it fact it is the norm. But inside Utah it is a social foopa. Also inside of Utah, the men here only want trophy wives.

I try to stay positive, that it will work out for me and I can still have the life I have dreamed of for so long. It is getting harder and hard all the time and I worry about it more and more. But I also know what I want and I am not willing to settle.

I love Sugarland. I saw them in concert in August and it was a great concert. So I immediately went out and bought their CD. Now I haven't bought a CD in years. So that tells you how much I like their music. Anyway there is a song called "Every Girl Like Me". Here are the lyrics:



Up in the mornin I'll be your coffee cup
If you drink me down I will fill you up again
And if you don't think that's enough....
I'll be the prize on the back of the cereal box
and the key that you found that you thought that you lost and
I'll be the why to your because

Because I, I, I am not perfect
But I, I, I, I know I'm worth it
And I, I, I gotta believe, there has to be a you
For every girl like me.

I'll be the candy that feels like a firecracker pop
And the toy on the cake with the chocolate top and
and if you look a little closer....
I'll be the steam on the grate as it floats in the air
Or the whisper you made from a secret you shared and
Your favorite song that's never over

Because I, I, I am not perfect
But I, I, I, I know I'm worth it
And I, I, I gotta believe, there has to be a you
For every girl like me.

I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like,
Hot french fries and red balloon ties too
Your hoodie hangin down, the street lamp on the corner of a
One way, one way or another gonna get you too
Two times I take another look at the hat in the seat
And the wrapper you found and the flavor beneath of the tootsie pop drop don't stop cause I'll be your favorite
Are you free tonight, stop by if you like, if you might want to
I don't mind, I don't mind
You will see it's me I believe you could be, be the right one you
For every girl like me


So I still keep trying to believe that there is someone for a girl like me.

I am fun, loving, caring. I have a great sense of humor, I love to laugh. I am a really good cook. I am a gorgeous BBW. I have a lot to offer someone!

I am not will to compromise my values because he isn't thinking with the correct brain. There is more to a relationship than the physical side. And there is a time to introduce that in relationship. not the first time we go out.

I truly am thankful that I was raised in the Gospel. I am truly thankful that my parents and aunts and uncles and even my brother and sister-in-law have the kind of marriages they have. I know what I want in a partner.

So to all the guys out there who never gave me a chance, "Your loss! You have missed out being a with a great person!"

No comments:

Post a Comment