Sunday, August 29, 2010

Things in Life....

Wow, what a week it has been. Monday was opening institute. For those of you who don't know what opening institute is, it is pretty much training for staff at USDB before the new school year starts. Tuesday, was my last day of camp. I am still working with my kids from camp. B's family requested me to work with him for a few hours a week, which fits perfectly in to my schedule. And I will still work with K on Wednesdays and no school days.

Wednesday was the first day of school. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT!!! We have spent the week getting all the 6 kids in our class, schedules to work with all the main stream class schedules. We had early out as a school, unfortunately USDB kids had to stay full days.

The kids are awesome!! They are all deaf kids with hearing aids. We use spoken word, not sign language. But sometimes ASL is needed to help them understand what we are saying.

The teacher, Mrs. Clayton is wonderful!!! She works hard for these kids and only will do what is best for them.

But the coolest thing of all is....I get to teach too!! I have always wanted to be a teacher!! I wanted nothing more in my life besides being married and a mother.

The UEA weekend, I am going with my best friend Amanda and friend Holly to my other best friend Kelli's house in St. George and then we are going to Las Vegas!!! It is going to be so much fun!!!

I have to give a shout out to my sweet Mama who has spent all last week making clothes for me, when it is so hard for her because of her back, Thanks Mom!! I love you!!! You are the best!!

I am going to have her post on my blog, her "What the February" post....Its hilarious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment