Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Grammy!

Today would have been my Gram's 79th birthday.  She has been gone for over 8 years.  Its hard to believe.  It feels as if it were a life time ago.

I wasn't there when she died.  She was in North Dakota and I was in Utah.  It was March.  It was Thanksgiving when I last saw her, I was staying with her and my youngest brother while my parents were in Cancun.

As I said good-bye to her, before leaving for the airport, I knew it would be the last time I would ever see her.  It hurt my heart.  I had so many good memories, so many adventures with her. 

The night she died, I was laying in my bed, just starting to fall asleep, I hadn't even shut the light off yet.  I felt a cool breeze and smelled grapefruit.  I knew it it was my Gram.  It smelled like her body spray she always wore.  15 minutes later, I felt the breeze and smelled the body spray again.

You see, I was having a hard time because I didn't go home to see her, I knew that I was going to have to take time off for her funeral. 

I missed her so much.

My brother happened to get a pass come home, he was getting ready to deploy to Iraq for the first wave of Desert Shield.

The week we  had my Gram's funeral was crazy, Adam left for war, Sarah gave birth to my nephew Aiden on March 20th and then we had to drive back to Utah, but right before we left to drive back to Utah, I ended up in the hospital have heart palpitations.

I know my Gram wasn't always easy to live with, but she was good to me.

I miss her....

Happy Birthday Gram!

No comments:

Post a Comment